It was Thanksgiving 2005. We had just finished our turkey dinner, when I turned around I saw what appeared to be Calibur choking. I looked at the table and a turkey leg was missing. My first thought was, oh no! Oh my God! Calibur had taken the turkey leg and ate it! Yep. He ate it and now he is Choking! My worst fear. To top it off the bone was lodged in his throat. I did not have the strengh to get it out! Seconds counted for he began foaming in the mouth! I did what I had to do I dialed 911. The fire dept. was just around the corner. The dispatch person said"we do not go to just choking animal calls". I begged and pleaded to speak with the captain. The captain answered the phone and said " I am a dog owner , we will be right there". Within minutes the fire dept was at my door. The brave fireman, put his hand inside Calibur's throat and pulled out the bone! He not only saved my dog's life, but was real brave to put his hand in my dog's mouth . Excalibur is a Borzoi a very giant dog. His size alone can scare anyone.To this day I owe my dog's life to the Isleton Fire Department!Thank you so much for saving my dog's Life! Sincerely Evi Hamil.
"EXCALIBUR RESCUED BY ISLETON FIRE DEPT"
This story is inappropriate and should be flagged for moderation. Please choose from one of the following options: